iTunes -69 Error When syncing iPod
iTunes is an application that is made by Apple Inc. to provide multi-functional platform to the users of the Apple products like iPod, iPhone, iPad and more. People frequently use to transfer their files from iPod to Mac computer and vice versa and here iTunes become the thing through which these file transfer occurs. Sometimes when there is a problem in the software or hardware then iTunes gives error messages of different kind. One of the situations is when you try to sync files to any iPod through iTunes on a Windows or Mac based computer and get the -69 error message that appears like this:
“Attempting to copy to the disk failed. An unknown error occurred (-69)”
This iTunes -69 Sync error occurs when iTunes tries to send the files to your iPod but a file or many files are unusable or something is wrong in it. Here are some solution that how can you overcome from this problem. First update to the latest version of iTunes so that if there be any update issues then it get solved automatically. After this try:
- Press Control+click (Mac) or Right Click (windows) on your iPod icon in the iTunes source pane and then choose the Sync Songs from the shortcut menu
- Watch the display at the top of the iTunes window while your iPod is being updated. The name of the problematic file should appear in the display right before the error appears. Now you need to remove the bad/corrupted files from the list of the songs so that the sync process to your iPod continues
- Now select the iPod from the iTunes pane and click on the summary tab
- Now select the option “select only checked songs and videos” checkbox (Note: this checkbox is only available for iPod configured to update automatically)
- Deselect the check box which appears next to the file name
- Now again follow steps 1 and 2 to update iPod.
To prevent future problems you should delete the unusable files from your iTunes library and then restore them from the backup or you can also re-import them from CD. If the isolation of any single file not occurred or if another iPod works with the same songs then disconnect any other devices connected to USB or firewire and try again. If still there is a problem then restore your iPod.
In case you don’t have made any backups earlier then you will lose the files for sure. An alternative of iTunes is iPod File Transfer application. It is a simple and fast application which is perfect to transfer the files to and from iPod to Mac and Mac to iPod. It also have other features too and is really simple to use and give you super fast file transfers. It is tested spyware free software that is available now. You can take a free trial and buy too.
|Bigasoft iPod Transfer
|iPod Video Converter + DVD to iPod Suite / Transfer
|Bigasoft iPod Transfer|